Sunday, July 24, 2011

Comic-Con 2011, Day 3!

Wow!  Day three was filled with costumed cuties and old friends and a few surprises!  I started off back at the Heavy Metal Booth which seemed to have become my base of operations.  I met another member of the creative force behind "War of the Worlds: Goliath", Leon Tan!  He's the guy beside me in the picture;



We shared a lot of thoughts and info on the film and I have REALLY high hopes for its success.

Next up was a quick trip to the FOX Booth for a picture of Adam West, former TV Batman and current Mayor of Quahog, Rhode Island on "Family Guy".  He was swamped with eager fans wanting a signed postr so we didn't get a chance to talk about old times when he MC'd the Comic-Con Masquerade..



Sorry it's fuzzy, but I got bumped just as I snapped the shutter.  While I was there, I got a special ticket for a Free Signed poster of the cast of the upcoming show "Alcatraz" and I got to take a few quick pictures;

The Booth Babes;









DSCF1176.jpg

The show is slated for a 2013 release and I can't wait!

From there I made a beeline for the Vanguard booth to see if Jim Steranko would be there and if he remembered Aug. 2nd, 1980 when he was a guest at my wedding.  He DID!

DSCF1185.jpg

He always was a snappy dresser!

I took a left and looked over at the "Profiles in History" booth and who did I spy with my little eye?  Billy Zane from "The Phantom";



Looking sharp!

I found this guy laying around the "Spartacus" Booth;



Over in Artist's Alley I dropped by on old friend Stan Sakai and we had a little chat about "Usagi Yojimbo" and what he has in store, but he swore me to secrecy...




Last year I was lucky enough to meet and makes friends with Todd Stashwick and Dennis Calero;



Todd is an actor, writer and comedian who has starred in many TV shows, "Heroes" among them.  Dennis is a fantastic artist and you can see their work at; http://www.toddstashwick.com/comic.asp?E=1 .  They just finished a 52 week run and will be starting a new chapter very soon, so jump on over and check it out!

Well folks, I don't want to overload you just yet, so stay tuned for Day 4 which will be up tomorrow and after that I will share even more tales and pictures form Comic Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment