Friday, July 22, 2011

Comic-Con 2011, Day 1!



The day started of very early, well early for me since I had to change my normal sleep routine.  The alarm went off at 6:45am and I dragged my behind out of bed and stumbled around for while trying to focus and locate my coffee.  Mmmm, coffee, the Elixir of Life!  After my Brain started and my eyes began working, I got dressed and was on the road by 7:30.  This is a minor miracle for me!

Made my bus and Trolley connections very quickly and arrived at the San Diego Convention Center before 9:00am!  The Gods were smiling on me!

The first place I headed to the Dark Horse booth and got some Shwag and entered a drawing for a $500.00 digital media package. Didn't win.  Well there's always tomorrow...  Decided to head over to the Heavy Metal booth to say Hi! to my friend Kevin Eastman and told him I finally got to see "Heavy Metal: 2000". He said, "I'm sorry..."

I told him that even though it wasn't quite what I expected, I liked it, so no worries.

Next stop, "Profiles in History".  This is the company behind the "Hollywood Treasures" TV show on Syfy.  They had one of the DeLoreans from "Back to the Future 3" on display, but I got a little distracted by a lovely young lady dressed as "Baby Doll" from "Sucker Punch";

DSCF1026-1.jpg


I'll have a pic of the DeLorean in tomorrow's installment.  I spent most of the day, rolling around the Exhibit Hall, connecting with old friends and making new ones, scoping out the displays and just having fun!

Well, fun doesn't last forever, so after a great lunch with Will Clausen, I headed back to the Terrace at the convention Center to interview John David Cameron about the Safe Cig, a new E-Cigarette, designed to help people quit smoking without going crazy from withdrawal.  John is James Cameron's brother and was the Military advisor for "Avatar".  Real nice guy to talk to and an Ex-Marine.  I also got to meet a lovely young lady named Joni who has some of the most impossibly green eyes I've ever seen.  She graciously helped with the Camera work.

100_0228.jpg
John David Cameron and me.

Here’s the link to the interview;


And this is my lovely Camera Person, Joni;



The Highlight of the day was a quick meeting with Adrian Paul at an autograph session before it started officially. We chatted for about 5 or 6 minutes and I managed to grab a few pictures.  He is one of the nicest guys you’d ever want to meet. I first met him in 2009 when he signed the headrest of my Powerchair along with Peter Wingfield.

 DSCF1044.jpg
100_0229.jpg

The Chair;

Picture157.jpg

Stay tuned boys and girls, lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment