Saturday, July 23, 2011

Comic-Con 2011, Day 2!

Day  two of Comic-Con and things are in full swing!  So much to see, so many people to meet!  I started out just rolling around the Exhibit Hall trying to keep from running into people, no small task since they keep stopping in front of me.  I went back to the Heavy Metal Booth and finally found my friend, Producer and Director of "War of the Worlds: Goliath", Joe Pearson and met a new friend, Leon Tan.
100_0240.jpg

 I am amazed at the progress of the film, from the first time I saw it in 2009.  It just keeps getting better and better! Right now it is earmarked for a Spring Release in 3-D in Select theaters, I hope.  I have wanted to see it since Joe first posted some of the concept drawings on the Official Highlander Message Board!  For a look behind the scenes and to watch the trailer, go here;

http://www.wotw-goliath.com/

Next, I went to the Profiles in History to get some shot of the DeLorean they have on display and got to meet Joe Maddalena, Owner and Star of "Hollywood Treasures".  He has been on a quest to find a pair of Original Ruby Slippers from "The Wizard of OZ" that were stolen from a museum in Minnesota.  Well, about a month ago there was a story on my local news about a guy who might have the missing slippers.  It turns out has A pair, but not the ones Joe is looking for.  And, it turns out the guy who has the unmarked slippers lives about 3 miles from me.  We talked about his passion for collecting and how we both got started.  I told him how one day I'd like to go up and get a tour through his warehouse just for the drool factor!  He really is a GREAT guy and I had a great time talking to him.

100_0231.jpg

I got to meet Robert Picardo of "Star Trek: Voyager".  A gentleman and a delight to talk with.



Met this little guy serving drinks;



His owner said it took two years to build him!



The Alien Motorcycle from the upcoming "MIB3".  I tried to swipe it but it was too big to fit under my vest...



Phillip Dana Yeh artist of "Dinosaurs Across America"  and Phil Ortiz, artist of "The Simpsons"



Yes!  I still got Game!



Lloyd Kaufman, me and the gang at the TROMA Booth!



At the Radical Publishing Booth!



And I can't forget the Jedi Elvis!

There was lots and lots of really pretty girls on costume and I took WAY too many pics to post them all, so here are a few of the High Points;



Elf Quest Hotties!



Poison Ivy



Best looking Black Canary EVER!  She is the Booth Babe at the TNA Booth.

I have about 200 more, so if you really want to see them, you'll have to Friend me on Facebook!

That's all for now, stay tuned for tomorrow's installment!  More surprises in store!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment